Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Homage to Magnus

I've spent a lot of time today checking other artist's blogs all over the place. It was heaps of fun.
There's some really talented people out there doing some amazing and very inspiring stuff.
So I've added links to some of them.
Anyhow.
Here's drawing I did some time ago, as a homage to Roberto Raviola (aka Magnus), great Italian artist whose comics I was consuming in an incredible quantities when I was a kid. I read his Alan Ford comics from my collection probably a hundred times each. I can still remember hilarious quotes from the most of them.
Anyhow, at the time, I did not know that he was catering to the adult market as well, and I was cheering with joy when I discovered his necron series :) :)
I tried to do his character in his style.

I think he died some time in 1990's. He was not very old, nearing sixty or something.
Ah yes, Toth died recently as well.
Shame all that.

Well, here it is:

4 comments:

Pipocalavera said...

EY!!

I wonder why this last pic is made in a total different style than the other.

See you here

Dominic Bugatto said...

Nice drawings! Really great shapes going on esp. the ladies.

ettore said...

i like your work, it's very very nice!i'm sorry,but my english level is very low(i live in italy!), and so for me it's impossible say more...sorry!
ciao E.

FerdinandKreozot said...

Yay, comments :)

Thanks for the kind words, all of you.
pipo, as the post said, in that one, I tried to emulate the style Magnus used in his work. I just wanted to see if I can do it.
One time, a couple of years ago, with a friend I did a few page comic in which I tried to ripp of Alan Ford. It was not particularly good. I will possibly post it some time later.

Cheers again,

Milenko