Monday, August 11, 2008

Boops

Started fiddling with the idea of drawing Betty Boop.
I would like to say "I don't know why" but actually, there was this nice guy who asked me to, and I was bored today so I decided to have a stab at it...
I did not have a proper reference to look at, just a random small image I got off the net (I could not be bothered to look for more) and a few childhood memories, so I know it's heaps off model.
Actually, I would still like to do another, more decent take on her, because now I have some ideas about where would I like to go with it now.
But this is all I have atm. As I do more, I will keep on adding to this post (becoming a bit of a lazy custom of mine), as I find it pain in the arse to start a new post each time I have a scrappy sketch to share.
I will keep my rants and whinges (which are piling up btw) for my next post or some other time.
Cheers to all of you guys still visiting,

Regards,

Milenko

10 comments:

Vincenzo said...

A Betty for the new millenium...very hot!! I could definitely see that in Vinyl!!

All the best Brother

BOKY said...

Pozdrav Miljenko, long time no see!
Hope you're doing well...:)

The one on the left is definitely evil...;D but they are both very cute, looking forward to further character development...

Mick said...

you filthy rascal

Ben Newman said...

ha! i always knew betty was a dirty little minx...

neikos said...

Great take on Betty, Milenko. :)

Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I've still got it. Boo boo be do, boo.

(Who Framed Roger Rabbit)


Cheers

flaviano said...

looks nasty! cant wait to see betty with her boyfriend bimbo. i hope on another cycle like popeye.
you rock!

ooognjen said...

prva ljubav zaoborava nema...
a to mora bit beti :)

Thierry martin said...

Rhaaaaa lovely;)))

FerdinandKreozot said...

Thanks all for the kind comments.
I hope to take another go at Betty some tie soon :)

Cheers,

Milenko

Patrick said...

Truly wonderful take on Betty.Still a little sad,she seem to have lost all her innocence.Great contrast of time period .