Sunday, February 08, 2009

Going silly

I have spent last few days, preparing myself for a life somewhat different from the one I grew used to over the past 12 years or so.
It will be interesting times, and I will see how I go.
Good thing is I am kind of prepared this time.
I want to start something of my own. Freelance, contract work, something less safe but more fun.
I am not sure I know where to start, but I will worry about that once I get me some rest.
Last few moths were no fun at all and I could not wish such time on anyone, not even on my enemy, if I had one.
Soo, one thing it might mean is that I will update this here blog more often, and with stuff more varied, as I will be spending more time idle at home, and probably doodle and sketch much more to compensate those 8-9 hours I've spent every day drawing for the man.
over the last few days, i have been amusing myself by trying to envision the world of Tolken's middle earth as it evolved into the equivalent of the 1950's here on earth, but with all the races still hanging around.
What follows is some rough sketches I did initially while thinking about it.
I suck at writing but I have some friends with the skill of the pen, and I might try to get some little scenario written and a little comic done. I hope I am not too clumsy to see it through and that I will have enough time to do it.
Anyhow, cheers to all,

Regards,

Milenko

8 comments:

Laurent said...

I am sure you won't be too clumsy and I am eager to see some panels from you...

LFW said...

good stuff mate.

I take it that something has happenned then? you guys didn't make it? NBT is canned for good?

look forward to your posts

cheers

-LFW

lach said...

How's about if it were the 1930's and instead of the ring it was the plans for a first atomic bomb(or the ring activates it somehow) ?

You know humbnails are supposed to promise everything and deliver nothing,
whereas I love your roughs as they are

Ben Newman said...

thats great news!
looking forward to seeing some cool stuff from you in the future.

flaviano said...

love the inking!

GOGOPEDRO said...

HOLY SHIT!

AMAZING!!
FRODO IS CRAPPING HIS PANTS..

P

Christian said...

Hey Milenko,
This looks great , hope you put it out and best of luck with the freelance thing.

Yer_man_in_japan said...

Is the world ready for the full creative might of Milenko to be released upon it? I don't think so, I laugh at the poor unsuspecting fools! I can't wait to see some of your freelance stuff, congratulations.