Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy new one :)

So here we are.
A new year.And today I turned 41.
What a fucking joy.

Well, at least I woke up, did not cough any suspiciously coloured stuff and amazingly, the whole day, nothing hurt!My kids genuinely surprised me with gifts I actually wanted, a bunch of people I like appeared some time later, wished me a happy birthday and presented me with a gifts of alcohol and perfume which I appreciated but was a little surprised about perfume since i do not use any of that stuff, but that might be a reason I got it.
We drank, ate some cakes laughed and eventually they left.
new years eve was fun as well, we went to some Swedish club, where a bunch of people from the old country organized a proper new years eve celebration.
it was everything you could ask for- we had out of tune band, a bunch of people wearing latest old season clothes from those factory discount stores and the keyboard player was stopping the music every five minutes asking people to close fucking balcony door as it was killing the air conditioner.
We sang, danced, consumed alcoholic beverages and at an appropriate time exchanged some punches and swore at each other.Ahh, good times.
I hit the booze early so the evening was incredibly fun. A good Samaritan sitting next to me managed to smuggle in a cooler box loaded with all kinds of goodies. So after some vodka someone bought for me early, he pulled out a bottle of good old maker's mark and made first of his two mistakes for that evening.
First mistake was that he offered me some, and second one, he put his cooler box next to my feet.After we polished a bottle of bourbon, I kept on stealing anything I could find in his box, and ended up drinking beer, wine and whatever else I could find.
My only regret is that I left the last bottle of mixer vodka in- it was his wife's and I was sane enough to know not to take it.New years is the time for the old country women to get into those one size-too-small dresses and high heels which are little bit too high for their comfort, and even though they dance and party all night like there's no tomorrow, they are sufficiently irritated by discomfort their clothes supply that they are prepared to bite anyone's head off for littlest of reasons, and missing vodka cruiser is more than enough reason to rip someone a new one.Anyhow, it was awesome, I was too drunk to participate in a half decent punch out that happened some time after new years, but I did not care.
I was wasted.
When we got home, I barfed, first time in 22 years.Anyhow, alcohol and dinner expulsion was not as much fun as was consuming it, but I could not complain, I had my fun.
Hangover was bearable, so all in all, I had a great couple of days.
Except that I am now officially 41.
But fuck it, at least the end is a little bit closer now :)
Well, today, after everyone left, I decided to spend my evening sketching some chicks, and I managed to do a few with various levels of success.
But At the end of it all, this was the first time in a long time I drew something for myself. And I enjoyed it.
I hope they are decent enough too.
Well, that's it,
Happy new year and the best wishes to everyone,

Until next time,
Cheers,

Milenko

4 comments:

c0ffeeartc said...

Congratulations! and Happy New Year!

Daniel Og said...

great gifts.
have a great 2011.
lots of girls!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Happy happy anniversary and happy new year... looking forward to a 2011 full of your posts..

dzuka said...

hey, milenko!
it's been awhile ...
first of all, happy new year to you and your family!
that new year's party sounds like a blast! i wish i could've been there with you. :)
second, happy birthday, man! so you're ten days younger then me.:)
and last, but not least, those girls are HOT, as always.
it's always a treat visiting your blog and i'm especialy glad you're feeling good. : )

greetings from the old country!