Friday, February 11, 2011

February Frazetta Practice

Just grabbed a random one.
Again, this was a Saturday "morning" practice that took a couple of hours longer.
Over all about 4-5 hours, but it shows.
My sketch lines are still in, and the colors are rough and off.
Much like most else about it.
I like it at the moment, but I will probably hate it by tomorrow.
On another note, I realized I look fucking hideous.
I was shaving in the bathroom yesterday and I caught glimpse of back view of myself in the opposing mirror.
I never thought about people's backs (shoulder to waist) much nor did I ever notice anyone's back looking ugly, but seeing mine was a very depressing experience.
It is long and flabby and it looks like a pile of sandbags on top of each other.
And it's been haunting me ever since.
It is weird that it can take you 40 years to see the back view of yourself and realise it looks horrible. I never thought I was good looking or even ruggedly handsome, but rather believed that "pretty" gene has been avoiding my family for many generations, but I thought I was doing good and getting in shape.
but this throws everything off.
How can someone's back look so bad.
Anyway, it will take a lot of alcohol to wash the image out of my mind.

Well, that's it,here's sketch,

Cheers to all,

Milenko

8 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

Great stuff mate... Your drawings always Impress, so no worries about the back thing. Also, I think you've really nailed a lot of the colors here too... So treat yourself to a drink an' taker easy...

P

Fabian said...

Now i am concerned about my back side... what if i don´t have a back? Never looked either!
Excellent work here! Great choice of Frazetta and you did amazingjustice to it. LOve it! :)

Daniel Og said...

if you have to make a homage, let it be at the level!
beautyfull man!

lach said...

Yeah I get the back thing,
I've insisted I need a stunt double for years,

Sweet rendition milenko.

Patrick Schoenmaker said...

Rather awesome tribute! Don't worry about your back, just put a shirt on.

Ben Newman said...

hey Milenko! looking pretty juicy yourself over here! thanks for the nice comment.

Mark Montague said...

Great tribute. Frazetta is smiling down on you.

Thierry Martin said...

excellent;)