Friday, April 01, 2011

About Princesses and Unicorns

Eh, many days have passed.
It is Fool's day today, and what a fool's day it is :)
First thing someone may have noticed is that I did not do a Frazetta tribute last month.
I will try to do one in april, but truth to be told, I could not find many more frazetta paintings featuring women I would like to draw.
Well, there's still a few but they are not as iconic as would be sufficient to tickle my inspiration.
Don't get me wrong, I love frazetta, I am just not too much into muscly barbarians and stuff.
Anyhow.Another thing that happened lately is that I have unwittingly depleted my savings by purchasing a fine automobile I could not afford.
I think that mid life crisis has gotten the better of me.
Vehicle in mention is a Holden Monaro, known over in the states as Pontiac GTO or something.
It was too pretty to resist, and is younger than my children, so I count it as the newest car I ever had.Much like a beautiful woman, it has cost too much to acquire and it is incredibly high on maintenance as well as in it's daily spending.
It is really unnerving to see a counter telling you how much petrol you have spent so far in your trip, and it is always muuch more than you would want to.
Now I know that a run to the local store to purchase some tobacco based products in itself costs me about 3 bucks.
But then again, much like a beautiful woman ( which my wife truly is- just for the record) joys it provides make you easily forget the rest of your trouble, and you realize that the only way to deal with it is to work harder and make enough dough to keep it happy.
Which brings me to the image in this post.
Little bits and bobs of freelance work I was getting over the last few months to compliment my income have seriously dried up and it seems no one wants Milenko any more :)
So, I decided to try and crack into the field of educational/ instructional illustration.
The image I am displaying here was created to demonstrate my skill and to illustrate dangers that little girls might face if they are in possession of a unicorn.
Now, it was not intended to scare them away from the purchase, just to draw their attention to the pointy extremities such animal would posses.

I know it is a stupid joke, but I never claimed to be the brightest of the lights.
Well, that's it for now,

Cheers to all,
Milenko

2 comments:

lach said...

I think we should all take a leaf out of unicorns book, (I'm assuming this is 20 minutes later)..

What a truly magical world that would be.

GOGOPEDRO said...

Awesome...She lost one of her Peepers..
Wreckless unicorns...but I'll be danged if this isn't a fantastic lil' image..

Cheers mate, and I hope work picks up again...your too good for people to be ignoring..
P